SPRUCE PINE, N.C. — Report of a structure fire at a residence located in the 0 block of Daisy Avenue. Emergency responders were requested.
Reported by the caller as a trailer with smoke coming out the front door.
Update: An emergency responder on scene requested that paramedics be dispatched with an emergency response to assist an elderly female in distress. The emergency responder confirmed that there was smoke in the residence but was unable to locate the source. An investigation is ongoing.
Update: An emergency responder on scene advised the source of smoke was food that was overcooked in the microwave. Personnel remained on scene to provide additional assistance then returned to service.