HAWK, N.C. — Report of an overdose at a residence located in the 0 block of Lea Mountain Road. Emergency responders, paramedics, and county law enforcement officers were requested. Law enforcement is on scene.
Reported by the caller as a medical emergency involving a 41 year old female who overdosed on sleeping medication by taking a large quantity of diphenhydramine gel capsules. She was alert and breathing normally but was exhibiting slurred speech. Law enforcement was requested to respond to the scene for further investigation and to provide security at the scene for emergency responders. Emergency responders including paramedics were requested to respond to the scene to provide further assistance.